Kelly Gallaher is an award winning artist, activist and community advocate. A resident of SE Wisconsin for the last 30 years, Kelly currently serves as a contributor and spokesperson for the grassroots community organization A Better Mt. Pleasant.
For her work in the creation of the "Turn Up the Vote Racine" voter engagement initiative, Kelly received the Phyllis Dresen Spirit of Democracy Award and the Racine Interfaith Coalition Outstanding Service Award. "Turn Up the Vote Racine" serves as the national template for voter engagement activities for the Gamaliel Network Foundation.
In 2017, Kelly was appointed to the Executive Board WISDOM Action Network Political Action Committee, serving as State Treasurer. Kelly has represented Turn Up the Vote Racine on the Racine Interfaith Coalition Board of Directors and provided community and social media engagement services to this local, non-profit organization.
Kelly is currently a volunteer for the Wisconsin Prison Mindfulness Initiative (WPMI) at the Racine Correctional Institution. WPMI serves to promote mindfulness practices for people who are incarcerated and the use of mindfulness as a tool for healing, harm reduction and public safety.
Kelly has appeared in Rolling Stone, Atlantic Monthly, Reason, Washington Post, the Guardian, Chicago Tribune, New Yorker Magazine, the Verge, Think Progress, Salon, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Additionally, interviews with Kelly have been featured on the NPR series Fresh Air, NBC Nightly News, Wisconsin Public Radio and Gimlet Media's Reply All podcast.
Kelly lives in Mount Pleasant with her husband, and has one daughter. Kelly is an avid gardener, a wayward jewelry artist and a novice meditator.
- YWCA Woman of Distinction
- Phyllis Dresen Spirit of Democracy Award
- Racine Interfaith Coalition: Outstanding Service Award
- Racine Educators Association::Education Supporter Award
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition - Fine Arts
- Education - Bradley University B.A. Studio Art/Painting
- Owner/Partner - Great Elk Products
- Associate Curator of Education - Wustum Museum of Fine Art
- Artist In Residence
- Art Educator - Wustum/RUSD
- Community Engagement Coordinator - Yes! For Our Children's Future Campaign Committee
- Wisconsin Prison Mindfulness Initiative
- WISDOM Action Network - State Treasurer
- A Better Mt. Pleasant - Spokesperson/Contributor
- Racine Interfaith Coalition - Board Member
- Wisconsin Coalition for Peace and Justice - Board Member
- Community for Change - Lead Organizer
- Racine Family Literacy - Board Member
- RUSD Diversity Policy Commission
- KRM Commuter Rail Community Task Force
- NAACP Racine Branch - Board Member
- ADAM/Drug Court - Board Member
- AAUW-Current Member, Former Corresponding Secretary
- Victory in Peace Gang Diversion Program Artist in Residence
- City of Racine Main Gallery - Artist in Residence
- Great Midwest Dragon Boat Race - Board Member
- Families with Children from China - Coordinator